Improving the surface attraction
FSK Colloidal Silica can be added to waterborne adhesive formulation to improve heat resistance and shear strength and to reduce drying time. In addition, colloidal silica can be used to adjust the viscosity without needing additional thickeners.
Benefits when using Levasil Colloidal Silica
1. Reduced drying time
2. Good formulation stability
3. Adjustment of rheological properties
4. Improved heat and creep resistance
5. Improved initial wet bonding strength
6. Safe handling
7. Easy to use
How it works
Adhesion describes the tendency for dissimilar surfaces to stick to one another. Colloidal silica dispersions can improve the molecular interaction of waterborne coatings and adhesives with substrates, resulting in better adhesion, in several ways:
1. The high number of hydroxyl surface groups interacts with other chemical groups (i.e., oxide, hydroxyl or carboxylic groups) on multiple substrates.
2. By forming strong calcium silicate bonds, enhancing resin-based-coating adhesion on glass and mineral substrates.
3. By reducing shrinkage of polymer matrices in lacquers during drying.